Thread: It just hurts
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
confuzedinva

Whew...this stuff is tough, but it's comforting to know that we're not alone. I just found out 2 weeks ago that my BF (now ex) is using. It explained a lot about our relationship's erratic highs and lows. I wish that I could say that I left because of my principles, but truly I left because his using affected us and our relationship, and his drug-induced hazed doesn't allow him to see it. It's heartbreaking to see him throw something so precious away. I couldn't take that up-close pain and rejection any longer. It was making me anxious, nervous and physically ill. I spoke with him on Friday and he said that he was experiencing some "uncertainty" about our relationship anyway and that I can't blame our demise on drugs. Maybe. Funny that he never expressed that to me before all of this. I think that he's realized that he can't have us both (drugs and me) so he's chosen drugs and made an excuse for it. I guess that I should consider myself lucky that I'm not with a person who is making empty promises in an attempt to hold on to me. My guy would rather not be bothered-- probably so that he can feed his addiction in peace. Man, that hurts.