View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DaVinci2

Originally Posted by margo View Post
DaVinci - maybe the Paxil's effects are kicking in and you don't need the benzos. Personally, I don't understand why you take them when you don't feel anxious - I only use mine when I have an anxiety attack. Perhaps your doctor can change your dosing to prn instead of regular dosing.
I've been on the Paxil almost 2 months now.

Before, I tried taking the benzo just when I felt anxious. Sometimes I mustard the power to push through and not take any. My doc told me that I shouldn't do that. Take them when you feel anxious. So that's what I did. I seemed to follow a pattern where around mid-afternoon I would start feeling anxious. That's when I took my meds. When I skipped them because I didn't feel I needed them, I would have trouble sleeping that night or feel sick later that day. I thought maybe that had something to do with my body actually needing it, or something else I'm not aware of. I started taking them at 3pm everyday (Smaller dose) and that was working. Today I took it much later in the day, and felt like crap. I'm not sure why. I'm gonna talk with my doctor about it, but I'm not sure he will know for sure. I'm wondering if I should just take them in the evening when I need them. Maybe that's what I will try tomorrow unless I get anxiety attacks in the afternoon.