Thread: A Sad Sight...
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

I've seen meth addicts doing that. My daughter is a meth addict. We had to ask her to leave our home. This was after 3 completed rehabs, 2 intensive outpatient treatment programs, a recovery house and one not-completed rehab.

Other symptoms that she displayed were incredible rage, stealing, lying (of course) and refusal to work, to seek treatment or to be clean (bathing, etc.). We tried the hospital route - but they tell me meth addicts don't need a lockdown facility because they're withdrawal symptoms are not fatal. So they wouldn't take her.

The good thing is that she had a Higher Power with her.... she found her way to another rehab and got sober. She "found" her way there by being arrested for shoplifting and making the choice of rehab instead of jail. I call that being lead by a Higher Power. She could not have found this path if we had not kicked her out of our home.

I remember seeing a little redhaired gal, twisting and shaking like that one day when my kid was still "out there". It hurt so much to see, and to hear the guys in the car behind me yell and make fun of her... I SAW her as my kid, and came "this close" to stopping and .... hell, I don't know what I would have done.

But I came in here, I posted about it, and I prayed for her... just as I prayed for my daughter.

If locking up addicts, rehabbing addicts, hospitalizing them and jail WORKED... we'd all do it. There is no "cure" for addiction. That is a hard concept to accept... I'm still working on it myself.