Thread: A Sad Sight...
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rose

Going through this roller-coaster ride with my husband and his drug addiction has been one of the worst times in my life, like any one else here. But through it all I have learned a great deal and probably would have never done so if I had not been subjected to addiction.

I have learned about things that I thought I knew, in fact I didn't know anything about it AT ALL! We had a neighbour who was addicted and for the life of me I just shook my head at the wife, as to why she would stay with him...I just thought why doesn't she get rid of the looser, she must be nuts. I was so judgemental on something that I knew nothing about. The gal on the street I would have thought bad on, never giving anything more a second thought about her life.

So through all of this I have really change my outlook...you just never know what it is like until you have walked in their shoes and I am not just referring to addiction.

I have more compassion and have become a better listener...it has been one nasty road to learn the lesson, wish I could have just read a book about it, but I don't think you really get it until you have lived it.

I guess it just goes to show that good does come out of bad.

Rose