Thread: Too complacent?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RedFox

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Hi Redfox, I was thinkin about your pictures the other day.

You are qwesome....I know shat you mean about becoming complacent.

thats why I am in couseling, I continue to dig in my soul to find th true meaning of life alfie, joke...

We must remind ourselves daily of our short and long term goals to remind us that drinking just does'nt fit in to them.. there is so much more...

Drink, sure, and for maybe 1 hour we will feel bliss of a fake kind, don't drink, and yes we will feel bliss for the strength an courage to not...........................
Thanks . I actually got out last weekend at got some cool pictures of a seal at the marina. It was SO awesome. I've lived in that area my entire life and never seen a seal there before.

I do definitely have goals I need to achieve here in the short term and there's some that I'd like to achieve a little further down the road. I like what you said about drinking not fitting in to them.

Originally Posted by TINLIZZY View Post
Hang in there. I know what you are going through. I've been feeling great and then had a bad couple of days. My sponsor is out of town and I've been over busy at work. It does not help. I've had cravings only when I let things (meetings, phone calls) go.

We can do this!!

TinLizzy
I've noticed that too. If I get lazy and don't do my homework or study for a test or something like that, I just end up stressing myself out, which then leads the the alcohol cravings.

Yes we can do this!

It's kind of like I'm expecting a monster to come out and try to eat me so I'm crouched down behind a bush waiting to pounce on it, lol. I know it's there somewhere and I'm preparing myself to take it on.