Thread: Too complacent?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peter

Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
I'm going on 36 days today (Friday) and it feels like it's been WAY longer than that. I've been feeling surprisingly good lately. In the last 2 weeks I've only had trouble with cravings twice and those were times where I was so stressed out I didn't know what to do with myself. I'm definitely not complaining about how things are going right now, it's awesome. It just worries me a little that I may be getting a little too complacent. The memories of the bad moments are fading and it's like I have a false sense of confidence or something. Deep down inside I know I still need to avoid being around alcohol at all costs. But... I don't know, I'm having a hard time explaining it.

Anybody know what I mean? Any words of advice?

Our brains have the amazing ability to forget pain.Women who give natural birth and daredevil stuntmen are indicators of this because after the ordeal all the brain remembers is the thrill and the joy of the experience.

Drinking is like that. Most of us seldom recall the misery associated with getting high.We tend to focus instead on the fleeting flirtatious pleasures of the bar.