Old 05-10-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
newblue82
Let me grow up.

I'm really not trying to let myself off the hook here but as I said before I never thought I had a problem with drinking. Other people would say that they thought I did and I can recognize the pattern of behaviors that may have given them that perception of me but I'd always been comfortable with my drinking and as I said because I had never experienced any negative consequences due to my drinking, I certainly never considered myself an alcoholic.

I think I'm starting to see though a major consequence of even questioning whether you may be an alcoholic because it then seems like your suddenly stuck with that title no matter what you say or do thereafter. I notice that now that I've questioned whether I am, that now that I say I'm not it appears to be a state of "denial". But I'm being honest with myself and I know that I'm okay.

I shouldn't stop drinking because I may be an alcoholic because I'm not. I should stop drinking because it's unhealthy to drink just as I have stopped indulging in too much junk food. It's just something I need to do for the sake of my health.

Last edited by newblue82; 05-10-2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: grammar