View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Voice From My Past

I have posted before how my 1st husband was a compulsive gambler. I have not seen this man since 1980. He is the biological father of my 2 sons. My AS remembers him as he was 8 yrs old when I ended the marriage. My SS was 18 months and he wouldn't know him if he passed him on the street.
Yesterday my phone rang & it was him. It seems he decided to call after almost 27 yrs to see how his 2 sons are. I told him that our oldest son was an addict. He told me since I had last talked to him he had become addicted to coke & then heroin. He then told me he has been clean & sober for 41/2 yrs.
The reason I am posting this is to ask you all do you think it might help my AS to have his bio father talk to him. He could share how long he was an addict & maybe by the grace of God reach him. My ex said " I'll speak to him if you'd like, but I doubt it would do any good because until I had had enough, it didn't matter what anyone said to me " He also added that I should know that if I am familiar with 12 step programs. I do know it BUT ( theres that but word again ) I guess I am reaching at anything not tried yet.
Mr Rozied does not even think I should tell my sons he called.
I really would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Love,
Diane