View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by rusty View Post
one of my 13 year old girls says she hates me over all of this. i try to explain that i didnt put them in this situation, and i cant help the situation.

they let her do alot of things they shouldnt have over there, smoke, drive, etc. she was 12 and 13 years old at the time. so, to her, im just being mean. she has been to the same counselor, but now that her mother has discredited the counselor, im sure my 13 year old will, as well.

Rusty, I have three children well over this age. Believe me - at 13 or so they will play you. Emotional game play. You dont love me, I dont love you. blah blah blah.. Stick to your ground and they will thank you later on ....believe me. They need someone structured and stable at this tender age. Have consequences and tell them your belief's , that what they are doing is so terribly irresponsible and you have to look out for them because you dont want bad things happening to them. They will grumble, so what..... be strict and loving at the same time. A calm voice and a hug will do.