View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Shawn

She is immature on certain stuff in life, but maybe I am too. I just figured it was cuz I got a real taste of life at a younger age and she finished school and went to collage. She hasn't had to deal with the world outside school, the only real people she knows are 22 and under. Now that she has finished school and got a "Great" job she is starting to meet adults who have a different mind set then she is use to. She tells me all the time it's hard for her to get involved with conversations about home renovations and stuff like that, and she feels out of place. I try and tell her that your going to grow up real fast now that your imported in the "real" world and that your no longer going to be looked at as a student or a kid.

She has only been at this place for 6 months now and I am seeing her 'kid' ways starting to disappear. For the first time we were able to talk about politics as a family with her and her grandmother and she had input and said what she believed.

Smoking lol "It's hard"

It took all I had to quit. You really have to control the people you are around to stop and keep stopped. If people go out for a smoke where you work, you best be not going with them even if it's just to talk or fresh air. It's going to sound dumb, but humor helps. Make ways of being funny about quitting, and more less making fun of yourself. Be honest with yourself and talk about it with everyone you know. If you have to make sure the world knows your trying to quit, it's much easier then doing it by yourself. If you know enough people some might even join you on the quest to quit!

Stuff like that helped me, but what really made me change my mind about smoking hopefully for good was watching my grandfather struggle for months with emphysema until March 23rd when pneumonia ended his life. I was with him when he died and to watch him struggle for air really hit hard and made me realize smoking isn't worth the risk.

It's going to be 8 months on the 6th, and I'm able to remain smoke free without struggle!

I can't say I'll never smoke again, but I can say that I didn't smoke today!