View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lisa12

Denny57 and Parentrecovers..thanks for replying and it's funny how you both asked if I was in any kind of therapy or belonged to any kind of groups. Seems like I am gonna need them. This is the first time that I have reached out to anyone because #1. I am ashamed that I have taken this kind of abuse (?)
#2. I am only now admitting to myself what I have known was going on. It's funny how easy it is to stick your head in the sand!

I guess I am minimizing what ABF has been doing to me for 21/2 yrs. [For the first 6 months I was at his side.]. I wonder if the fact that I have been around alcohol all my life has made me immune to it? I myself don't drink so you would think that I would have a low tolerance for it considering that it made my childhood miserable. My step-father was a violent drunk and he HATED me. He used to knock me around alot when I was a teenager so the thought of drinking makes me sick.

I believe that as I get stronger I will not want to put up with any man abusing me in anyway. That is my hope. Lisa