View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
22Tango

Don't Know What to Do....

....when things are going well. That is my story right now as well. I am so used to being on "fight or flight" standby, that when things are actually going OK I tend to start worrying about things that I have no control over, or about other people's motives, finances, romances, etc. I am getting ready to move into my own place for the first time in my life (I am 34) after a divorce from a control freak, self-centered recovering alcoholic/drug addict. I am so excited - something that he doesn't like right now. But my life is getting better, and I am trying to remember not to ruin it by looking for conflict where there isn't any.

I try to think of it like a sunburn - OK, we spent too much time in the sun, and now it stings. But the sting passes, and we get better. A little sun (conflict) is part of life, but too much is bad for anybody. But sometimes we all get a little too much - now is maybe the time to just eat, sleep (if you can) breathe and treat yourself and your children (human and canine) well. Use your new home as a quiet retreat to rest, heal and grow. All will be well.