Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

QUOTE; SUNFLOWER
it doesn't matter what you believe-all that matters is you remain open to new ideas and treatments!!!

What if your A could be sober from something new out there--wouldn't you do/try it?

Why would any one want to stand in the way of any type of progress re;this awful disease?

I will never get why this is such an issue with people.

I'll speak for the newbies, as I havent been around here for long myself. For people still trying to deal with/understand the alcoholics drinking, it is an issue and it is important.
Maybe its because with a disease eg. My aunty has not long to live with cancer... we love her... we definitely would not ignore her, or tell her to figure this out all by herself. Pay your own bills, do your own cooking and shopping.
My point - to under if it is "disease" do we stay around and help them out (every bit of advise says no)
Addiction, eg. lets say smoking.... Would you go and buy someone smokes? You probably would but you wouldnt go and buy the booze for an alcoholic, simply because you can see what it does. A person who is addicted to food and overweight, you would still go and buy food wouldnt you..

Maybe thats where we get confused as newbies, if it is a disease where do we draw the line and if it is an addiction where do we draw the line.