View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Zoey

i think you would gain a great deal from an open AA meeting. You do not need to say you are alcoholic, just visiting. If you should share your story no one would bat an eye, no judgement there. Many have been there, done that. AA is fantastic.
Also would be great to attend Al-Anon, face to face meetings one finds a friend to go to coffee with. Get hugs. In my opinion we need all three, here at SR and the other 2.
She may never become alcoholic. Alcoholism depends on many things.
Has she said she has been drunk? Has she said, once she has one or two she cannot stop? Does she say she likes a drink to relax?

Both sides of my family did not touch alcohol except for one uncle and he was a very bad alcoholic. Somehow I picked up the gene. If I drank I got drunk, had black outs, ended up in the Moose Lodge at 5AM still drinking, and did not know there was a Moose Lodge till I was there. That is called alcoholic insanity.

Stopping for me was easy, Dr. put me on a tranquilzer for PMS, drinking on top of that made me deathly ill. So if and when around drinks I made sure I had a 7up.

Keep coming back and take what you can use and leave the rest.
Please read "Under The Influence" answers a lot of questions. Can read parts of it over on alcoholism site in their stickeys.
Caring, understanding hugs to you both