View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
liesagain

my husband is the addict in my life, I hope you all dont mind my response here..........

occassionally I go to the NA meetings with my AH when we plan to go to dinner or something with others from the meeting.
Anyhow, I made a comment one night that I really did not like how so many there seemed to be more interested in flirting or hittting on some of the women than they were in recovery.
Those in the group we were with many with alot of clean time said, thats why its men with men and women with women.............but one of the young guys said..........."plus the odds are good but the goods are odd"

I let it go and later asked my husband what that meant and he said that so many of those women come in on a bus and are court order from a womens center.........that many are not clean or sober and that alot of guys KNOW that theres a very good chance they will .........well you know.....thay they are easy and some are still hooking for drugs...........

To me this is sad, that even if court ordered theres a chance some of these women could get clean yet theres scum there at the meeting waiting to pounce and even encourage drug use all for sex.