View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Hi Sunflower, glad you decided to stay.

What I know about me is that I am F.I.N.E. - Fouled up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional... most of the time, but especially before I got into a program where I could talk about what was going on with me.

In my "real" world, I had set things up so that I was always the caregiver - and to be honest, that gave me a huge feeling of "power". But it was only an illusion, because when I was really scared and hurt... I really had never allowed anyone to step into the role of giving ... just to me.

At Alanon, a lot of us are there because we ARE codependents and caregivers. So they will "tag" me if I get TOO much into that role with them. Yet, they are also very giving, loving people who will love me, walk with me during the tough times... and even go with me to places when I am really, really scared.

We can't go "with you" to the docs and hold your hand when you get your results, but we can be HERE with you... and we are. You can be vulnerable here and receive unconditional love. And you don't owe anyone here anything. (((Sunflower)))