Thread: Back Again
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

To Dolly, Anne, Marle, Greet, Elana & Teke,
I know you all are right about this. My parents are such great, intelligent people in all lifes matters it still blows my mind when they are so blind regarding my AS behaviour.
Greet you are so right about being his confident...............I do not want to be. He feels guilty now and that is the real reason he told me. Then after he tells me these horrible things he has done he adds that he doesn't want me to tell anyone. For godness sake it does make me sick. He claims to love them more than anything yet continues to decieve them any chance he gets. I really believe he needs a shrink as I think his problems go far beyond drug abuse. He does these horrible things thinking he can make them right before anyone finds out. He does not seem to be abel to control his impulses and he is now 40 yrs old.
I know I should tell my parents. I am just dreading the thought of how they are going to react. I am so afraid one of them is going to have a heart attack. Then I know my son is going to go ballistic on me when he finds out but what does he expect. How can I keep his confidence when he is hurting people I love more than anything. If I don't tell & the ck comes back before he can get the money back my parents wil be out double what they think they spent. I know my dad is going to be so angry with himself for allowing his feelings of love for my son to blind him to how manipulative he is................he asked me before he gave him the money for the engine if I thought he should. His words were Child if we don't help him who will. I said dad at 40 he should be helping himself..........then my mom will throw at me how much Jim & I help my ss. He is not doing the things my as is. He is a single dad, going to college, trying very hard to do whats right. You are so right all of this makes me feel physically ill.
Thank you all so very much for your unconditional acceptance & support.
I will let you know how things turn out.
Love,
Diane