Thread: Back Again
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Back Again

I just felt the need to tell someone. My SA called me today to tell me more bad news. My parents are 87 yrs old & have been helping him financially for a very long time. His car neded a new engine & he asked my parents for help. My dad called me to ask me what I think. I told him if they decided to help please do not give him cash only give him a money order made out to the place that was repairing his car. He tells me today they gave him a money order but they also gave him a blank personal check. He cashed it & used the money to go to Atlantic City. They believe he tore it up. Now instead of just paying for the new engine they are going to be out double the money.
He hopes to put the money back before the check clears. I think he needs a psychiatrist as he is exhibiting magical thinking. ( I think that is what its called )Acting on something that might happen. Evidently he damaged his car in Tukey Hill & he is expecting them to reimburse him but he doesn't know sure.
He begged me not to tell my parents. Why did he even tell me I am not a priest! I cannot stand living like this. My parents should know better than to give him a blank check and to ever believe a word he says. My son has multipleaddictions. I don't know what to do.
Thanx for reading my post,
Diane