View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well the old alkie will throw his 2 cents worth in on this, I have 3 kids grown and out of the house & 5 grandkids, while I was drinking I rarely got an invite to anything at thier houses, and on rare occasions they would come see my wife and I.

Now that I am sober they want me to come over all the time and they come to my place as well.

They did not want thier children, my grand children exposed to a drunk!

They love thier children more then they love a drunk old man and that is the way it should be!

Any parent or grand parent who exposes their children or grand children to a drunk needs to re-examine their priorities.

I am an alcoholic and it is one thing in my opinion if some one wants to put their self through the hell of living with a drunk and a whole different ball of wax when they expose thier children/grand children to a drunk.

If my wife was a practicing alcoholic and would not quit permantly I would dump her like a hot potato because I would want my home to be a place my kids and grand kids could visit and not have life long memories of a drunk parent or grand parent. In other words I would put my children and grandchildren ahead of the drunk in a heart beat.