View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Ten Chips Down

Originally Posted by TexasDumb View Post
I have one of those big Bibles with the concordance, or whatever you call it, where it helps you look up passages, like an index. I will look for it for you if you want.
No, sir. It's quite all right. Yes, concordance is the word. Heh, I even took quite the scholarly approach to reading the Bible 20 years ago. I went out and purchased an excellent study Bible which I still have. It contains your concordance, a dictionary, and the "study" part means it is exhaustively cross-referenced by chapter and verse, tying in related passages and so forth.

I read the Bible cover to cover using that edition! lol

I did read your post about the beginning of the Universe....man, IT is all a mystery, no doubt.

We'll probably never know for sure until we pass on....bummer.
No, no you misunderstand, then! The promise of our exploring and pushing the envelope of what we know is that we learn more and more! This is what awaits humankind, don'tcha know?? Tex, imagine for a minute one hundred years into the future. It's not so long. We won't be around for it, but imagine...

-Quantum computers on a mass scale by then. (No, quantum computers are not theoretical--they're being developed right now. Google it!)
-Interplanetary travel and commute.
-Different fuels we don't even know about right now.
-Perhaps the eradication of cancer.
-One of the biggest things to come? Our collective shift in thinking. Shifting paradigms of how we and our universe works, how long we have, what its underlying nature is.

Last century we were just--just coming to know the actual nature of reality, anway. E=mc² turned the scientific community on its head. The point being that the future is virtually guaranteed to yield evermore.

I used to think, when I was young, that our lifespan was long....'course it doesn't take too long to realize that it goes by so fast now.

Remember how long it seemed to take to get out of the 4 years of High School? Now, it seems, 4 years is a blink.
Oh my goodness. Tell me about it. The scariest thing is remembering how our elders talked of what we are talking now. LOL!! That's ...just, freaky!

Other than all this Religious Philosophical mumbo-jumbo, how the heck are ya'?
I'm doing fine, but you are, above all others here, something else. We get caught up in debate, TexasDumb will have none of it, preferring to keep it simple. I like.

Dude. From $40 to $1,000 in 2 years. Yikes! (though I'm almost surprised you didn't buy it!)

Ten