View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IonJames

It's a Dark Ride!

Hoezit ya'll.

My sob story: I've been dating my girlfriend for almost 4 years now. She told me that she has some er mental issues , chemical imbalance and whatnot. not a problem since I loved her and hey , all chicks are crazy in their own way.

Well what I thought was effects of the imbalance and meds turned out to be mostly alcohol induced. a lot of ups and downs and a lot of promises (all broken except the last lot) later she's hit the point where she's acknowledged that she has a big problem and that she literally can't have a single drink period.

We've (well I) have been talking about the AA and she's not all that into it , get the impression that standing up and admitting to strangers that's she an alkie isn't what she has in mind at all. along with last-set-of-promises(TM) there was an agreement on her part to attend the AA and get some help .got her all the info , nicely printed out and told her I want her to drive with this . I want her to put in a 10th of the effort she put into getting drunk into getting/staying sober. I want her to drive it , take ownership , whatever the latest cliche is . is that unreasonable ?
and yesterday was supposed to be the first meeting , nothing from her and I don't want to nag anymore .

Question for the Gents with Alkie S.O. : how much do you worry about having children with your s.o. ? as far as I can figure it , we're currently in the high risk group for F.A.S. (fetal alcohol syndrome) aka the number one cause of mental retardation in america today according to wikipedia .