View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
helpus

I was knid of thinking about things like this today at work. How when my daughter was young she wanted to be in daisy's & girl scouts. So we started the meenings at our house untill another place was available. She wanted to play soccer & baseball at age 7 or so. We went to all her games. Then she came home & said, mom I want to take sinigng lessons. You have to understand, she cann't sing to save her life. Buit we found a voice coach & let her try. (I thought we would have to pay like quadruple cuz she did suck at that) She did vinclombardi cheerleading. I never wanted her to be affraid to try things she was interested in. She played flute, high school was track & soccer. I didn't care, just wanted to support what she enjoyed.
I was under the understanding that she would hav a better shot at staying out of trouble, being involved in things. She would come to us & say she wanted to try these things. I wasn't one of those pushy sport parents. I just wanted her to enjoy herself.
As far as what to become when she grew up, I always told her find something you love to do, then figure out a way to make money at it.
She was a good kid untill she turned 18 in nov senoir year. It was like bam. A light switch went off.
I am still grieving what could have been for her. Each day I grieve less & am thankful for more. I do not want to loose hope, but somedays the hope is off in the distance, just out of reach. I am greatful that I have more smiles than tears. I don't want to loose the smiles my daughter has given me. I am glad I can say my heart isn't full of pain, that there is still room for it to glow with love.