Thread: Cellulitis
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Another thing that was ENDLESSLY FRUSTRATING was that the doctors gave him a big ole shot of morphine, right in his track-marked veins.

Those doctors have their reasons - heck some (or maybe a lot) are also codependent. They might also question why a wife would stay with an addict... (and yeah, I DO know... really... gentle hug).

Most of us, including me, can only endure the pain of addiction if we lie to ourselves. We intially deny there is a problem, then create a delusion that keeps us "trapped" in the situation.

I am sorry he is going through this - the denial and delusion of addiction is a tough nut to crack. I know for my kids, that WAS the main focus of the rehab... breaking through the lies they tell themselves to facilitate the continued use.

We are very much similar to the addicts, aren't we? We endure unreasonable pain for reasons that many people find unacceptable.... but they are reasons that are acceptable to us.

I think that is part of what I get out of my meetings... hearing my story through another person... both the part I agree with... and the part I don't like so much. Seeing it in YOU helps me see it in ME.

(((junkyswife)))