View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
TexasDumb

TEN,

I am not sure exactly where it says that in the Bible, but it does.

I have one of those big Bibles with the concordance, or whatever you call it, where it helps you look up passages, like an index. I will look for it for you if you want.

I also remember reading many, many places in the Bible, where God said his main goal or want for us as humans is just "To be Happy."
That's what we humans want too, but it's easier said than done, eh?

I did read your post about the beginning of the Universe....man, IT is all a mystery, no doubt.

We'll probably never know for sure until we pass on....bummer.

I also wished we humans lived longer than 70-100 years, heck some big turtles and fish live to be 200! How fair is that?
I used to think, when I was young, that our lifespan was long....'course it doesn't take too long to realize that it goes by so fast now.

Remember how long it seemed to take to get out of the 4 years of High School? Now, it seems, 4 years is a blink.

Each day is still long, but time compresses or something.

Dear 'Ole Dad always told me, "It gets faster and faster." I'd think sure, Dad.

Man, was he right.

Other than all this Religious Philosophical mumbo-jumbo, how the heck are ya'?

Me, plugging along in my NEW single life, wishing I felt like dating again.......wrestling with my 28-year-old Lawn-Boy 2-cycle lawnmower....I should have bought a new one in 2004, though I did not know the GOV. was going to make them quit making 2-cycles.
Nobody else did either, they just kind of snuck it in with no fanfare because of emissions issues.
But mine's muffler is under the deck..It is so quiet and it doesn't even smoke.

If you have ever used one, you'd know that the 2-cycle Lawn-Boy is the baddest mower ever made! My buddy (the Crappie Man) always had them and told me to check his out and get one....duh, I thought I had all the time in the world. Wrong.
These things will mow 2-foot tall wet grass without even a hiccup!
And the self-propel on them will drag you down the neighborhood if you don't watch out.
I bought a 28-year-old one at a Pawn Shop for $40 (they did not know what they had) and the engine still runs strong...like 2-cycle boat motors...some of them run for 40+ years.
But, it has a few minor parts that need fixing, and parts are hard to get for such an old mower that they quit making parts for.

Back in 2004, Lowe's had their last and newest 2-cycle top-of-the-line Lawn-Boys for $300! And I did not buy one, duh.
Now, just this week, I saw a new one of those in the box on eBay, and it was going to go for $1,000!
That might tell you how Bad-Ass they are....

As I go through my world, I glance at used lawnmower places to see if I can spot that "oh-so-familiar" green color of these machines. They make mowing a breeze. They will cut weeds and brush like a shredder on a tractor and just keep on plugging.

Sorry, for rambling about the mower...it's just that yesterday me and that old mower had some issues. I am still sore, ha.

Hey, hey, life goes on!