View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Golfman

Wink

Originally Posted by bymyself View Post
Hello,

I have stopped drinking for about 13 days and I caved in . I have been so depressed and I am so tired of living life. All I had was three glases of wine tonight and I'm acting like such a drunken slob. I f***** hate MYSELF!.. I have nothing else to live for. My daughter is 16 and She will be fine without me. What else does life have to offer????

Theresa
Well, it certainly offers a lot more than you have on your miind right now. So you stopped drinking for 13 days. That's a miracle for an alcoholic. But what else did you do, tough it out on your own? That's not going to keep you sober. A support group close by with people you can talk to will help immensely.

By the way, saying your daughter will get along just fine without you is a copout. How cruel of you to think that she would be okay. Did you ever stop to think for a minute what her life would be like without you? I suppose not.

Now get off your a$$ and do something about your problem. We will give you all the support you need but as the saying goes.."God only helps those who help themselves."