View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 03:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LiveLife

My ABF knows there is a place I go on the computer to try to make sense of this crazy life and to try to get help for me, and for us. He doesn't know exactly where and he hasn't read what I write. To me it's easier to express myself if he isn't over my shoulder.

At first he was upset. I started using words like codependent and detachment and the hair stood up on the back of his neck. He said to watch out for internet people and addicts because they would try to manipulate me ..... I wasn't quite sure if he had looked in the mirror lately, because he's the best at manipulation that I've ever met ... and because of that, I'm quite schooled on the topic.

Anyway, one night when he was having a particularly difficult time, I had him see what these types of forums are all about. He found one that he posts to for heroin addicts and now he understands that this is part of our recovery and sometimes it's the life link we need to get to the next day.

For now, it's my private therapy. He likes me to read what he writes and the responses he gets, but he doesn't ask to read mine. It works for us.