View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
divinedesign21
Supercalifragilistic!

Originally Posted by andshewas View Post
I am glad you are comfortable whith your HP. Many people are not, though. I think that deserves respect as well. I know for me, the harder I tried, the worse I felt- the more phony. Finally, I took Ann Druyan's grandfather's words- "The worst sin would be to pretend." (He was an Orthodox Jew- said this in response to his son, who was an atheist- I found it to be a very compassionate and accepting thing to say.)

I am not saying people with faith are pretending- they have faith and there you go. But I am saying that not everyone does, nor sees the need for it. This is where I am.

I would recommend Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan, in the spirit of understanding why some people feel just fine not believing. (I have read some Lewis, though not that one. He does have a good style- easy to understand even on the difficult subjects, which is the hallmark of a good writer.)
Everyone is on their own path. I respect people no matter what their beliefs. At least I try to practice tolerance. That's the hallmark of true Christianity...walking in love. It's hard...but I try.