View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

BigSis, I read your story here and have been blessed that you have shared your recovery with me over the years here and am so proud of you for speaking at your group and sharing your experience, strength and hope.

I know that when I first began going to meetings, it was listening to stories like yours that convinced me that I desperately wanted what those who spoke had. As I listened I learned that others had been through the same or worse hell than I had been through and hearing what they had done to go from "there" to "here" was a huge inspiration for me and more than anything it gave me hope, hope that my life too could be better if I was willing to do what was required,

You have always been an inspiration to me, your recovery shines and I can feel your serenity in everything you post.

I am so grateful for those who went before me, for those who walk with me today and for the newcomer who reminds me of where I have been and why I don't want to go back there ever again. And it all comes down to one codie, like you, sharing with another, like me. Together we can do what we could never do alone.

I love you, BigSis, for just being you and sharing your life with all of us, warts and all.

Hugs