View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

I did it... told my story

Hi guys,

I was asked by my home group to be tonight's speaker... to tell my "story". I've not done that before, and only agreed after praying, turning it over and with only 3 years in the program, talking to my sponsor.

For the past week, I've been scrambled... as I thought about "what it was like" the committe in my head had a fricken convention! I finally wrote it out, at Cynay's request, and that shut the committee up (thank you Cynay!!).

Tonight was the night.... wow. I felt so loved. So "part of". Accepted... warts and all. A surprise was a husband who came - we share a mutual friend who grew up with me and was around at the beginning of my drinking years. This was his first Alanon meeting... but HP was with me. It was exactly what it needed to be.

For those who couldn't make it tonight (grin), my story is here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...sis-story.html

If any of you are working a program and get asked to tell your story, I have to say it was probably better for me, in many ways, than I ever expected.

Being here for most of those 3 years has helped me with my recovery in many, many, MANY ways. Thank you for the part you all play in my recovery.

((hugs))