View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
marius404

You don't need to argue with me Teach. You could give me evidence that a god's existance is more probable than an invisible pink unicorn though. Or you could give me evidence that a gods existance is more probable than his non- existance.(you previously stated that belief and nonbelief require equal amounts of faith)

I can modify one of my earlier statements and still make the same point if you would like. IMAGINE that a majority of people believed in a personal god and not a deist god. Does this make it more likely that a personal god exist instead of the diest?

The purpose of this statement is to show that your reasoning that since most people believe in a god he is more likely to exist than not exist or more likely to exist than an invisible pink unicorn is incorrect.No matter how many people believe in something or how strongly they believe in it, it does not effect the validity of said belief.Perhaps you have thought of a better reason and have neglected to mention it.

Please understand that there was probably no need to modify that statement.According to a chart I am looking at a 54% majority of the world is either Christian or Islamic. Both Christians and Muslims believe in a personal god.

You can find the chart by googling religion statistics. Look on the first result listed.That took all of about 1 minute to find. If you disagree with the chart fine. Just understand the point I am making.

I am open minded. I have not always been an athiest.I have also been a theist,and an agnostic.Heck, I even became a theist once again until I started to truly research the issue. Given good reason to believe in god, or a celestial teapot I would believe and be thankful to have seen the error of my ways.

Just, please, don't ever seriously try to use the argument from popularity! It is irrational.I realize that earlier you said that the universality of belief in god does not*prove* existance but you need to go ahead and take the next step and admit that it also does not qualify as evidence for the existance of a god.

And once again you have angered the invisible pink unicorn by deniying his existance. I have been authorized to inform you that you are now beyond redemption as far as he is concerned. He awaits your arrival in unicorn hell!