View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
chero
full of hope

Well, I just got home from court...I guess we did. It took all afternoon. From 1-4. But he got probation for 1 year, $250 fine + court costs and he had to apologize to the officer. It was crazy. Apparently his crime can be considered terrorism under the new law. So, that's why they said they gave him probation. He was not happy about the prob. The DA took us into his ofc afterwards and talked to us for a while. He was explaining the probation thing and he said,among other things, that if he was even caught with alcohol in his possession probation would be revoked and under the new law it would be a big deal.

Nobody realizes that Brian was drunk, apparently, because the DA said he didn't see how that would be a problem for him. I just sat there thinking...whatever!

So, on the way home we were talking about that. He said you don't have to worry about that and what are the chances I'd get caught anyway...etc...I said, oh you'll get caught because I'll turn you in!

Well, that's how it went. I was sitting in the courtroom when we first got there and nobody was there but us and I was looking around and I imagined all by new friends sitting there with me cheering me on! It was great!

THANKS for EVERYTHING you guys!!!