Old 04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
frankly
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Ben - I was a member of CR back in 2004. I remember you and your posts. I posted and received help from you and others. At the time, it was eye opening for me and helped me accept my own reality. Over the last 3 years I have actually recommended the site to people here that I thought may benefit them. That's how I found the site to begin with, someone here suggested I check it out. I'm not bashing it. It serves a purpose for those that need to find recovery in that format. Both sites have the same objective, to help others. But there is more than one way. There is more than two ways. Each person chooses what works for them. I chose to leave the CR site because it felt like, there was only one way....theirs. When the posting was about an addic that had gotten raped and the general consensus was that she deserved it and asked for it...well, I disagreed with that and chose a different path for my own recovery. I still took with me the things that had helped me at the CR site.

What disturbs me more than anything though, is the fact that CR members are signing up here to inflame our home. To push their beliefs as if they are the only way. To ridicule and bring conflict. To argue and fight. That is not recovery, that is closed mindedness, that's petty stomp your feet, shake your fist, I'm right, I'm better, childish behavior. And it takes away from what both sites are trying to do...help others and help ourselves.

So lets put our differances aside, agree to disagree, be respectful of other peoples opinions and needs. No name calling, no ridicule because we have different opinions. We each use the tools that work for us, and if something works for someone else that is different, respect that, but don't disrupt what is working for someone else.

Respectfully
B