Thread: Day 3...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Golfman

Wink

Originally Posted by unger894 View Post
Day 2 was a little tougher than I'd expected, which surprised me. That's good though, I want this to hurt a little so I have another deterrent the next time I feel like drinking.
I feel good this morning. The anxiety has lessened considerably. I'm also finding myself with a renewed interest in the activities that I abandoned during my last binge. I'm looking at my golf clubs, guitar, hockey equipment, books etc. and looking forward to engaging them again for the first time in months. It's scary to think that I withdrew to such an extent.
Two days is the longest I've gone without a drink in over 6 months. I've been reading these threads regularly and everyone here has been a HUGE help.
Hey Unger,

Golf clubs huh? As you can see by my screen name, I have an affinity for the game. I've been where you are. We here at SR will be happy to help you any way we can. Your fears are very normal at this very early stage of sobriety. I would urge you to think about finding a support group close to you. It's so important to have people you can trust close by that you can rely on.

This disease is not something to go at by yourself. Most who have tried have failed to gain the peace, serenity, and happines that comes from ridding yourself of the feelings of fear, anger, disgust, lonliness, and frustration. Give yourself the best chane to recover. Face-to-face contact is no doubt the best way to tackle this.

However you choose, we are here to listen, love, , cry, and laugh with you. You have found a home. Wanna come in and be a part of our family? We'd love to have you.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed