Old 04-19-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Posts: 4,833 i'm a crack addict with 5 yrs clean, i slipped for a short period of time, very short, but before that, i had 9 yrs clean and living with a now recovering crack addict husband of 21 yrs. i believe in detachment but i also believe that there is always hope, it just depends on how long a person wants to wait and i don't believe that you have to wait in the mist of the chaos, in my opinion, you can wait and learn how to enjoy life alone or if you have to. i also believe that love ones can find peace in their lives without throwing away the addict. i honestly have to thank god that my family did not give up hope that i wouldn't seek to recover, they did detach but they never gave up hope and they didn't put their lives on hold, waiting on me.

just to note, there are a lot of addicts that do a lot of different things but all addicts DO NOT fall in the same catagory.some do and some don't

i couldn't help but to want to post this over here. maybe there are different kinds of crack addicts. i know that the behavior is not all the exact same but maybe there is a different kind of crack to get addicted to, that i don't know about. i know a lot of recovering crack addicts with yrs of recovery. i just want it to be known that there are a few of them here. i think that i'm clean still because i found sr, who helped me to learn how to live in active addiction without feeling the need to medicate myself. thanks to sr and the folks who love it.