View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Heavens

Dear Juls

Dear Juls,

I don't think God damns, you darling. God knows, if anyone were to be damned, it would be me. But, Thank God, there is release from all that. There is love and forgiveness instead. And we are all candidates to receive it from our Higher Power and to give it to ourself. Anyone who thinks they are deserving of love and forgiveness and a good life while someone else is not is a hypocrite. None of us is without baggage. Baggage need not be permanent. Remember, Jesus asked those who would stone the woman who committed adultery to cast the first stone if they were without sin. I know that our Higher Power forgives. Thank God none of us has to live in the past. I don't forget it, I guess to learn life lessons and memory serves certain useful functions. But I don't have to feel guilty today. My Higher Power has said so, so it doesn't matter if I sometimes get the message from others that I don't deserve love. My Higher Power has shown me that I do. It doesn't matter what we did or did not do in the past, although it is good to talk about it and work it out. But Thank God I can be free from my past, and everyday, I can wake up and think, "Just for today, I am in recovery. Just for today it is ok and good to be free from the past and love and parent myself and live a good life." It might be good to kind of go way back to that part of our past BEFORE life damaged us and took away that child within that had the joy de vivre, who just enjoyed life, and believed that she and everyone in the world is loveable, though. That inner little girl. Yes, I would like to go back to that past.

Love you today!
Nancy
Attached Images
File Type: gif
buildingsandhouses035.gif (3.4 KB, 1018 views)