View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Bozo....bless your friendly heart for that title.

No one can hijack my thread b/c anyone with something to say is beneficial to my desire to keep learning and growing and staying healthy. Feel free to chat here with me anytime I'd enjoy the company

For one brief moment I was on Lexapro a long, LONG time ago. I actually have MAJOR issues with that med. As I've known docs who have damn-near literally shoved it down patients throats and NONE of them got better (of course i'm onloy talking about those I know of). It had more negative affects than positive.

Anyway, that goofy state-paid psychiatrist is the reason i've not been on a mood stabalizer for over a year now....but I can't complain too much because as soon as had to stop them....my major depression FINALLY started lifting. (It could have been coincidence, but i really don't think it was).

So, after she left the clinic, the new guy was the one demanding all his patients take the same mood stabalizer he was pushing (must have been getting kick-backs from the pharm company or something....all i can figure).

I refused that one med and told him repeatedly i'd be open to any of the hundreds of others i hadn't yet been prescribed....but since he wouldn't go for that reasonable request - the clinic stamped me with 'non-compliant' and basically booted me from med services.

When I started working again last year...well there was, of course, a 1-year pre-existing condition clause to my insurance coverage. So now that i'm past that...there's only one small snag i have to jump around and then i'll be able to get back into seeing a psychiatrist once a month like i prefer.

Of course, the one major bump in this plan is that i'm still scared out of my wits to start changing meds around again and have to go through all that again. I mean, i know I HAVE to....i'm just not very happy about it and therefore probably procrastinating.