View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
itiswhatitis...

hurt,

i saw the hbo addiction series - i really was encouraged by it - especially that doctor that explained opiates - he explained it in a way that really made sense to me - the whole dopamine - opiate - brain thing - i found it to be hopeful - they accept people to their program without insurance or a specific timeline - he explained how everyone was different but that the brain can repair itself - and that there is so much research going on that eventually addiction will be a controllable disease...

i thougth that when he was talking about damage to the brain he was hopeful that now that they understand the whole, dopamine - opiate connection they can focus on replacing the dopamine until your body can make it for itself - makes sense to me - especially for long term addicts - just my opinion...

i found the whole addiction series incredibly well done, infomative, hopeful and entertaining - i never thougth i'd want to sit through hours or information regarding addiction - i can't wait to get the dvd and watch the three additional dvd's with information they didn't use in the televised series - just my experience with it all...

s