Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hopeangel

good morning

well, he should be at work in 15 minutes and he is not moving- he didn't where the depends last night so i have a big urine spot on my floor. grrrr...is this late stages alcoholism? how do you handle this?
no,the therapist does not specialize in alcoholism. i asked her because i have been frustrated that until now she didn't seem to be moving fast enough with him or giving him to correct help. funny, because when i called i explained and it was referred to her. she says that she certainly has treated and seen a lot of alcoholics, but i can tell that in a lot of things she does not have the education in it (i think i have more-hehe) anyway, but i hesitate to suggest a new therapist for him or try to find someone else because he has developed a relationship with her and what if someone new he does not like.
yes, i too believe that the alcoholism has to be treated first. i will kindly suggest inpatient treatment to him again today if there is a time he is open for discussion. i really think that is what he needs.