Thread: Wording help
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
If I file a restraining order and CPS investigates I will not have the option of taking him back.

It makes sticking with it easier
Hi Cinder. Im sorry you are facing such decisions. Nothing is really final until you decide it is. As far as CPS goes, well here is how it went with me and Paul.
I am the addict and Paul is the clean and sober parent. He has a good job and supplied the income for care and support of kids and me. When he found I was doing drugs he called CPS on me as a bad parent. They came in, made me move and made him sign a paper saying he would keeps kids safe with him and not to let me live in the home. (I didnt know he had signed this paper since I didnt sign anything of the sort.) A month went by and I made a weak attempt at getting in to a rehab. Long story short, he was able to keep the kids in the home with him as long as he kept them safe from me and my drug use. He let me back in because he thought I was changing. They came in and took our kids from him too. It was only because he failed to keep them safe in the states eyes. They gave him back our kids after 4 days and I signed and he signed a paper saying I would enter treatment and complete random drug testing and having visits through CPS supervised. When they deemed I was seriosly recovering, they let me have more privlige to seeing my kids. Thats what it was, a privlige. They also let me in the home slowly over a period of a year of seeing I was working a really strict recovery plan. There is hoops galore to jump when they are involved but they know what us addicts do before we know what we are about. They have the best intrest of kids. It may not seem like it but you know, if it wasnt for CPS, I dont think I would be clean. Now I know you have to be thinking that once CPS is involved there is no going back. But you know thats right. Theres no going back to letting a drug addict in your life. There is every chance that they can help him clean up to let a RECOVERING addict back in your life.

My story with CPS is not a success story for evry addict but they were part of the success for me. Nothing is really final until your ready for it to be. All this is said is because I care about your feelings Cinder.