View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AngrybutScared

90 Days...too soon to celebrate?

I've only posted once or twice before but I find a lot of good advice etc., from reading the other posts. I just wanted to find out what everyones opinion is on this....

My brother will be approaching his 90 days sober mark. I know that it is a big deal and I would like to do something to "celebrate" it. It is the first time he has been sober longer then 2 weeks in almost 3 years. He lives in Florida right now at a great halfway house, and is holding down a part-time job. He has a sponser and has been faithfully going to meetings. I pray that he stays on the "right" track but am worried that its too soon to tell. Our relationship was severely damaged when he was using. He has put my family through hell and back and has caused so much pain for my family. Since coming out of rehab he has slowly tried to rebuild our relationship but I will admit I have been less then enthusiatic. I want him to be in my life, but Im not quite ready to take down all the walls I have built up. I'm too afraid of being hurt.

Even though we have been through a lot, I still support his recovery and would like to show him that. I was thinking about getting him a dog tag with the date of his "90 days" engraved on it, and on the back all of the names of the people in our family who are important to him (we have a very small family). Is that a good idea? Should I wait for a later date? Any other ideas on how to commerate this day? I really appreciate any input you might have <3