View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
topetah
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

still here and sober

well i have 9 days sober now and feeling really great. i havent been on here much due to me disconecting my internet at home. but im able to check my mail and post a little bit here at work. i have had a few ruff days these past 9 sober days but i have stuck with it! like yesterday... my car was making a loud noise so i took it in the shop to find out my time'n belt and water pump were about to give out. turns out thats a expencive repair. 750 bucks! but you know what. befor i would get depressed and drink or do drugs if i had found out i had to spend so much money on my car. but this time i didnt think about that at all. in fact i was kinda happy for some reason. maybe because i know with me spending this money to fix my car there leaves no money for drugs or booze. and thats ok with me. sounds wierd i know but maybe im finally gonna grab this thing by the horns. although no one likes to spend a sudden 750 bucks on anything but some how i know everything will be ok. because im sober now and i know life wont go as easy as i would hope. but this little bump in the road has opened my eyes and relize no i dont have to drink anymore. life happens and it wont be all peachs and cream. sometimes sh!t happens. doesnt mean i have to turn to sh!t myself. just wanted to pop in and say hi. and im doing great!.....jason