View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

Originally Posted by oneeyeopen View Post
my situation is complicated by the fact that I have epilepsy and take seizure meds. a lot of antidepressants are seizure triggers and that is one of the other reasons I have been resistant. My seizure have been under control for a long time and I really did not want to risk having one.

so I have to line up the Neuro, the shrink and my GP to get this sorted out. I am not sure what I can take, but I now the well-known meds like Prozac and Welbutrin are out.

Then again, a lot of women with epilepsy can't take birth control pills and I take them without probs, so who knows, I will let the professionals figure it out.

The only prob now that I made the decision is that it will take 2 weeks for me to get everything lined up with all the docs I need to see.

But I must say, having made the decision has already sort of lightened my load, you know, light at the end of the tunnel and all...

I take Topomax, for migraines but its used for epilepsy patients too and Lexapro. The combination works great for me. I didnt know I had anxiety or depression until I started taking the Topomax and for teh first time ever I remember asking if this is what normal feels like.
When I went off it due to pregnancy they started the anxiety meds to counteract withdrawals, but like I said stopping the 2 for financial reasons for even 2 weeks was extremely danagerous