View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
itiswhatitis...

don't feel bad about social services - that's what their there for and what you pay for - to help when you need it - when my husband was in a car accident 15 yrs ago - hospital told me that i should apply for medicaid as husband wasn't working, and couldn't collect unemployment while hospitalized we didn't have health insurance and they didn't think our auto policy would pay for the hospitalization - i didn't know if husband would make it and didn't work and did what hospital told me to do - i had no reason to feel one way or another but the person i originally talked to was such a biatch - her coworkers over heard her and brought me aside to give me emergency assistance (i had my 2 yrold , at the time, son) they gave me $500 cash and got me food stamps, and a gas card (to get me back and forth tothe hospital) those people were so sweet - we ended up getting services for about 2months medicaid for longer, ih ope you have someone listen to you that doesn't try and make you feel like crap - you shouldn't - you're doing what you need to do - it's going to be ok...

love,
s