View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

I must ask though... Is it possible that I do not believe I DESERVE to focus on me/take back the power of my life?

It feels so difficult if not impossible... like there is no foundation of self worth to base make "focusing on me" possible...

I think that I may believe that I am not worthy of this. I think I have a deep seated fear that I am nothing without someone loving me- or that I need someone else's love to feel good about myself. I'm cognizant of the fact that it is not rational but it feels so real...[/QUOTE]

Not only is it possible, but probable!! But here's the thing. The addict cannot truly love anyone but his DOC. He would step on your fingers as you were clinging to the edge of a cliff to get to his DOC!! That's not love!!!

Honey, you've been dragged down into a pit where you can just barely make out a glimmer of light at the top. You've been questioning everything so long, you don't trust your gut instincts that are telling you....YOU ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE!!!

There are men out there, who will treat you like fragile crystal, please, please ....give yourself a chance. Trust me, I know you think you'll never find anyone, but even I can still find dates at 52!!!

NSW