View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Golfman

Wink

Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
It's been awhile since I was on the site.....almost 4 months. I kept thinking I had this drinking thing under control. Well, last night I got so drunk at a charity fundraiser that my company sponsored that I was grabbing the CEO and EVP's a$$. (One male and one female). I have NO recollection of the entire night. None. And I didn't even have a hangover. I just woke up with no memory of what happened after 6:00pm last night. Yep. I wonder if I will have a job come tomorrow. If I am lucky to still have a job, I am sure it will come with a stiff warning and I deserve it. I am sure I have lost the respect of not only my bosses and co-workers, but the other attendees of the gala. I made a total fool of myself and I am so embarassed I don't know how I will show up at work tomorrow. I feel like such a loser. What do I mean FEEL like, I AM a loser.

KC
Ah, Ah, Ah...kc you made a mistake, you aren't a mistake. you are not defective. keep in mind that God doesn't make junk. sometimes a bolt comes loose or a part falls off, but the basic framework is still there. I'm glad of one thing however. Hopefully you may have become convinced that alcohol is your enemy. doing stupid, embarassing things come naturally to us. it's one of our trademarks. But you know there's a way to stop. if you've been here before then you've read about people overcoming their alcoholism.

if you are truly ready to begin this journey, if you are ready to be honest, openminded, and willing, you have all you need to begin. if you don't know where to start, just ask. but you'll have to reach out and ask for help. once you do that, it will come.

Thanks for coming back to SR. We need to hear your story, it reminds some of us of what we have to look forward to if we every go back out. it just doesn't get any better does it?

Your friend in sobriety,
steady eddie