Thread: Intoduction
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by LiveLife View Post
This morning I woke up and had a great time doing normal things like working out and playing with my children. It's better for me that his phone doesn't work because I can overcome the temptation to call him and bring him back home. I actually had a few minutes where I didn't even think about him.

Maybe this is the first step to recovery?????
Hi LiveLIfe,

Maybe it is. And doesn't it feel good to not think about the madness? To just enjoy your life and your kids, even for a few minutes?

I have been in an abusive marriage for 25 years to a man who has been on drugs of some kind the whole time; Lately (last 10 years) his DOC is opiates. I have three sons with him, ages 10, 19, and 24.

I recently kicked my AH out of our home. I had to do it with legal action (filing for divorce) because he just would not leave. I have heard it all-I'm cruel, I am destroying the family, I'm crazy, I'm a liar, and on and on and on.....He has been telling anyone who will listen what a lying, conniving, you know what I am. His newest mantra is that I am the one on drugs.

It bothered me at first until I figured out that it's none of my business what others think of me, and the truth will come out in the end.

Have you taken legal steps to protect yourself? Addicts don't play by anyone's rules except their own, and they change constantly to fit the situation.

Please continue to come here; this place has been a live raft for me and many others. Take care of you and the kids and know that you are not alone!