Thread: my mama
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mallowcup

I've talked a bit about my mother here. It's hard when you are familiar strangers. My mother and I live common things and people but I'm not sure we love each other. I don't know how to tell.
I don't and never have felt like a daughter, I have always been an extention of her. Between the two of us, the house was clean and the kids taken care of.
It is particularly awkward because her friends have adoring children. She does have needs, but she resents not having the undivided attention of her grown and married kids. She looks for the fruit from being a warm and supportive mother. She never planted those seeds with me. There is no fruit.
Don't get me wrong, I wish her no ill will.
I'n fine when our conversations are practical. I don't want any more than that.
I once did home care for an extremely rich rich lady. I liked her very much. I liked her only adult daughter too. Her daughter was in another country when the lady look a bad turn and time was slipping by. The daughter started back to try and get home before the lady died. I spoke with her many times on route. She did not want to be there at her mothers death bed. They had a cold and superficial relationship. As the daughter started to expain, looking for understanding, I did understand totally. She said she just couldn't do that death bed hand holding, it was not a time to make things right, it already was right. She said she learned to be happy without her mothers affection a very long time ago. I felt very bad for her.
I hope now that your mothers visit is over, you can bask in th emomories of your week at the cabin. The season is early so maybe you can make it back there this year. Why not?