Thread: Sober 210 days
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lefthandedamino

Sober 210 days

I found this site when I was checking in, to remind myself I am not alone in my fight.....I have not found the right AA or NA group for me.....going to NA where others are forced there for drug court is not for me.

I do have two little girls 4 and 2 and a supportive wife......This keeps me strong and centered.

It was my 4 year old that opened the universe up to me ...at the park (dope sick) I realized there is a beautiful world out there and I am not living in it. It was the simple things, rocks and butterflies.

At that time sick after 20 years of addiction, I entered for the second time rehab after an ******** treatment eight months earlier, (which is a topic for another day)....I have remained sober ever sense...... in order to increase my chances to remain sober I quit smoking, for me it all started with a cigarette........not only did my family deserve better, I deserved it most of all.

Today I am thankful...I can rest peacefully at night.....I can feel my brain chemistry changing with a profound sense of lasting well being.

Rehab - 50,000
NA - free
Divorce - 500,000
Job - 65,000
Soberiety - 1,000,000
Recovery - Priceless