View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DaVinci2

Paxil or therapy?

I know...another question...

I was thinking about this today. It's day 4 of Paxil. From what I understand, it takes a couple of weeks for the Paxil to kick in. Also, last night my wife and I sat down and worked out some issues and I felt as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders. There's going to be a little more understanding, patience and working together on problems and issues. I had a good day. Is it possible that I really don't need the Paxil? Is it possible that my anxiety all came from the fighting between my wife and her mom, her constantly being unhappy and not being able to tell her how much her pain is hurting me? I asked my doctor, and he said he didn't know. He doesn't know much, and other things he's said has had me considering a new doctor.

However, in the opinion of those with experience, would stopping the Paxil today...seeing how things go over the next week or 2, and if I have no panic attacks and no problems at home, I stay off the Paxil. If, for no reason at all, even with our issues being resolved, I have a panic attack, I get right back on? In the opinion of those here...until I find a better doctor or councelor.