View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
chrisea
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
I like these topics on relaxing, fun, cheap, ideas. Bjen, I have been going to thrift shops for yrs, they are so much fun. Sometimes church rummage sales are places for good finds. I find things, that I think I probably wouldn't find otherwise. It seems as if you wait & look enough, just about whatever you want, will be there. I also like to make things out of other things. Sometimes take pieces of one outfit and add it to another. I just got this spring/fall jacket made of black velvet w/leopard spotted velvet for collar and buttons. It doesn't have pockets (I really like pockets), so I looked for another item made of similar black velvet and will use that for the pockets. website apartmenttherapy also gives plenty of ideas and just fun to look at. Now that I have been on my own again for a while, my fun funds have begun again. All this I have been thru, has taught me how to be even more thrifty, but then the savings can go to something I like to do, or save for a better car, etc. Guess that saying necessity is the mother of invention, really applied for my past few yrs.
Then this past week around here, the veg & flower stand is starting to show signs of getting ready to open I have a list of herbs that I want for my small outside windowsill garden.